Membership Enrollment Requirements
Membership enrollment requirements include:
- Prospective families must make application to the Evangel Christian Academy Administration, which reviews and approves all applications. Submitting an application does not in itself imply acceptance to EFCA.
- All families with children of compulsory school age must apply and be accepted for membership to the Home School Legal Defense Association. An application is available on-line at hslda.org. Evangel Family Christian Academy recommends that you do not remove your child(ren) from public or private school until your membership has been approved by Home School Legal Defense Association. A copy of your acceptance and renewal each year is required to be kept on file in the home school office.
- The church school enrollment form is required by the Alabama Code 16-28-3. This is a brief statement confirming each student’s enrollment in the church school. This form must be completed and signed by the parent and then returned to the office of Evangel Family Christian Academy to be kept in the student’s file. The director of EFCA will mail a copy to the school superintendent of your child(ren)’s school district. Re enrollment is required annually.
- All parents are required to sign a disclaimer statement releasing Evangel Church Assemblies of God, Inc. from any and all responsibility and liability for the education of their child(ren). Only the parents are liable for the education of their child(ren).
- An annual fee per family is required with your Evangel Family Christian Academy application. This fee is due at the time of enrollment and is refundable only if the application is not accepted.
- Parents are highly encouraged to enroll children before August 1st concurrent with the start of local schools, but new applications will be accepted throughout the school year.
- Evangel Family Christian Academy reserves the right to limit or deny admission to applicants where circumstances exist which may in any way jeopardize EFCA and/or the member families associated with it.
- At least one parent is encouraged to attend the parent orientation meeting scheduled at the beginning of each school year (usually the last Saturday of August).
- All curriculum and organized course of study is created or selected by the parent and purchased from a reputable supplier, but should cover the following subject areas: Bible, math, language arts, science, and history. (Resources on the curriculum and materials are available through home school workshops and the publishers of materials for the home school families.)
Evangel Family Christian Academy does not require a set curriculum for every family. That would defeat the purpose
of meeting the individual needs of each child and fitting that with the individual abilities of each parent/teacher.
However, your decision regarding curriculum is a very important one because your decision will determine what you
teach. Pray for wisdom, He will give it to us. (James 1:5)
The Bible and Christian training should not only be included in the course content but should furnish the orientation
and framework for the study of every subject.
The curriculum should be administered primarily by the parent/teacher in each student’s home, at the same time
allowing flexibility in the educational process so that the parent/teacher could delegate a portion of that instruction
to an institution or personal tutor who is able to assist and support them in carrying out this God-given task.
Parents are responsible to follow the curriculum that they have selected and that has been submitted as the
course of study to EFCA. Parents are accountable for the following:
- Set spiritual goals for each child and be diligent in planning and achieving these goals.
- Prepare a daily lesson plan for each student using a standard lesson planner or a computer generated plan.
- Maintain attendance records for each student and submit them on the EFCA quarterly report form.
- Keep samples of student’s work. High school students are required to have course grades in their academic portfolios.